Monday, October 20, 2008

Assignment 3: Pick a prompt

We are currently working on how to write a paragraph, complete with introduction sentence, 3 supporting detail sentences, and a wrap-up sentence. Students were given 3 prompts to choose from, then asked to brainstorm, write their sentences, and produce a final copy.

After school I always go to the park. My sister and I play. We play on the slide. We play tag in the slide. When we get done at the park we go home.
-by Taylor

I always laugh when my best friend makes a funny face. She makes her eyes really big. Then she takes her two pointer fingers and puts them in her mouth. Then I start laughing my gut out. Then we finally stop laughing.
-by Lydia

After school I always do my homework. I always have math boxes to do. On math boxes I have some addition to do. On my math boxes I sometimes have enter-change-to boxes. At home it sometimes takes me a long time to do homework.
-by Brooke

7 comments:

Mrs. Padgham said...

Lydia, you used good describing words of how your friend makes a funny face.
You might want to think of a different way of saying you laughed your gut out.
Mrs. Padgham

Mrs. Padgham said...

Lydia,
Wow! It sounds like you know a lot about math. I think getting your homework finished after school is a good idea, because then you can go play.
Mrs. Padgham

Mrs. Padgham said...

Brooke,

Oops! I put Lydia's name on the comment for your homework story.

Mrs. Allen said...

Lydia,

I laughed just reading about the face your friend makes!

Keep on writing!

Mrs. Allen

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
The more you work on your math, the easier it will be, and the sooner you'll be able to play! Keep it up! It will get easier!

Lydia,
I could certainly hear your voice in this paragraph. It was like you were sitting there and telling me a story! Great job!

Taylor,
It sounds like the park is a very special place for you and your sister. What will you do when it gets cold outside? Will you still play at the park when it is the middle of winter?

Good job, girls!!! I'm so proud of all of you!

Unknown said...

Brooke,
I am glad to hear that you work on your math every day after school. All that hard work will make you smarter in math!
Mrs. Barta

Anonymous said...

Taylor
I'm glad you and Tristan have fun at the park after school. Hope I can go along after work. Be good and keep up the good work.
Love
Mom